Your benefit plan is provided to support the health and financial well being of you and your family and is an important part of your overall compensation. Your participation in the Basic Life, AD&D and Disability plans is required if you occupy a benefits eligible position. You are also required to participate in Supplementary Health and Dental, with Family coverage selected if you have eligible dependents; however, you may opt out of these plans if proof of coverage under a spouse or other employer plan is provided. Alternatively, you may choose to maximize your coverage under both plans. Details are provided in your Benefit Plan Booklet.
Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness Portal
The Canada Life Health Connected website provides a reliable resource for personal health information.
One of the highlights of this website is the Personal Health Risk Assessment that can help you to create a health profile, build an action plan and track your wellness goal progress.
In addition to the Personal Health Risk Assessment, you are able to access the online centre for health information with thousands of in depth physician reviewed articles on drugs and health conditions as well as the latest feature articles. Moreover, the site provides drug information guides, medical conditions fact sheets, a searchable community support page as well as health tools, health features pages and monthly newsletters.
Health Connected is running a contest until December 31, 2021, with a chance to win cash prizes. Get up to three contest entries when you:
- Create an account on Health Connected and agree to the contest.
- Complete your health risk assessment plus one of the challenges or a digital health coach plan.
- Receive a bonus entry if you confirm you received your first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
All other forms including the following, contact your Benefit Representative:
– Beneficiary Designation
– Evidence of Insurability
– Coverage Change Forms
– Health Spending Account – Request for Discretionary Payment
– Long Term Disability Claim
– Life and/or Accidental Death & Dismemberment Claim
– Leave of Absence/Maternity Leave Request